Fire Science Image submissions are now open for the 11th Symposium on Fire Safety Science! They must be submitted before January 31st, 2014!
Fire Science Images
Building on previous successes in recent symposia, the program of the 11th IAFSS Symposium will also include a Fire Science Image competition and you are invited to submit an image that may correspond to experimental studies, numerical studies or actual events. Images should be non-commercial. Images will be displayed on a designated display board. Images should be between A5 (148 mm x 210 mm) and A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) in size.
Posters and images presented at the 11th IAFSS Symposium will be considered for the following 3 Awards:
- Best Poster Award – Awarded to the best poster based on technical content, organization, and visual presentation. The selection will be made by the poster awards committee.
- Best Student Poster Award – Awarded to the best poster by a student author based on technical content, organization, and visual presentation. The selection will be made by the poster awards committee.
- Graphic Image Award – Awarded to the best fire science image based on originality, scientific significance, and artistic/aesthetic appeal.
Image Submission Instructions
Images should be submitted electronically through the EasyChair web page for the Symposium https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=11iafss. After creating your own login account, select “Submissions” to submit your manuscript. Please choose the most appropriate topic area for your submission.
The submission deadline for images is January 31, 2014. Images submitted after January 31, 2014, will not be considered.
- After selecting “New Submission,” please select the “Image” track.
- The keywords on the submission page need to be entered in separate lines. e.g.,
- fire chemistry
- flame spread
- Attach the PDF document of your image. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept other formats through the easychair system, however you may convert other image formats for free to PDF online (e.g. http://www.freepdfconvert.com/)
Image Review Process
- Images will be reviewed by the Image Program Committee.
- Submitters will be notified of the Image Program Committee’s decision soon after January 31, 2014
For questions about Image or Poster Submissions, please contact Piotr Tofiło.