Purpose of Committee: The Education Committee (EC) provides support, guidance, and leadership in education and academic issues to support the IAFSS educational activities and the international fire safety science community at large.
Scope: The committee is responsible for providing leadership and implementing the educational aspirations of the IAFSS committee.
Current activities of the Education Committee include:
- Exploring the modernization of fire safety science and engineering education (sustainability, BIM, AI, other)
- Digitalisation of FSS&E curriculum
- Review and update of the IAFSS Model Curriculum for FSE
- Sharing of FSS&E teaching resources
- Exploration of Continuing Professional Development offerings
- Exploring means for sharing symposium content after the event
Interested in Becoming a Committee Member?
Click the button below to complete the form and a member of the committee will be in touch with you soon.