- Membership of the IAFSS is as an individual. (There is no corporate or company membership).
- Membership runs per calendar year – January to December.
- Membership fees are paid annually in advance. Renewal reminders are sent out at the beginning of December each year and if dues are not paid by the end of March then a member is deemed to have lapsed their membership for that year. Lapsed members can renew within the year.
- Membership is open to all.
- The IAFSS Lifetime Member option is currently suspended.
- Three year membership (2021 – 2023) is £75 (3 x £25)
- The present cost of one year membership is £25
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
Current members: please sign-in before registering to maintain your account!
Free Student Membership
We are inviting registered IAFSS academic members to nominate their students for free IAFSS student membership. Academic members should send the following student information to the IAFSS secretariat ([email protected]) by the end of February:
Name, Address, Email, End of study date
Please try to send all the names together not one by one. In order to inform the students as soon as possible, please let the secretariat know that you want to be the contact person for students at your faculty.
If there are no academic members who can take the responsibility the student will have to pay the student membership of £5.
Discounted Student Membership
(if not nominated by an IAFSS academic member)
To apply for a discounted student membership you must be enrolled in a technical college or a University and studying for a technical degree, BSc, Masters or PhD, in a field that is related to fire science and engineering. Membership will be valid until their studies have been completed. Acceptance of applications is at the discretion of the IAFSS and must be renewed every year.
Student Membership (£5)
Please note that IAFSS Students do not have a vote in the association affairs
Please contact [email protected] for any questions related to how to membership registration with the organization.
- Symposia attendance at special member rates
- Free Digital Access to Elsevier’s Fire Safety Journal
- Fire Safety Science News (Official Newsletter of the IAFSS)
- A vote in association affairs
- Discounted Symposium Proceedings
The IAFSS membership reflects a true global community. Our members come from more than 40 countries representing more than 100 academic institutions, research entities, government agencies and departments, NGOs and private-sector organizations. Membership crosses the spectrum from students to retirees. Our membership and leadership is evolving to better reflect the diversity of researchers and practitioners entering our field.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The IAFSS aims to be a diverse and inclusive association that affords equitable treatment to all Members and other entities with which we interact during IAFSS activities, regardless of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender, marital / civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race or national origin, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation and the additional characteristics of social class, career level, career discipline or field of study, political viewpoints, or national origin.