Publications Task Group
Purpose of Task Group: In response to the rapid and profound changes occurring in the scientific publishing landscape, IAFSS has created in June 2022 a new Publications Task Group (Pub-TG) with a mission to help IAFSS understand current changes and prepare for the future.
- To review changes in the scientific publishing landscape and to educate the IAFSS community on these changes
- To develop an informed and independent point of view for future interactions between the IAFSS and the Fire Safety Journal/Elsevier (for instance, to examine the possibility of making the Proceedings of the IAFSS Symposia open access)
- To examine the possibility of creating an open access repository of fire science publications (Green open access)
- To examine the possibility of having the IAFSS community launch its own open access journal, independently of any commercial publisher
- Lukas Arnold (Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany)
- Luke Bisby (University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Jeanette Cobian-Iñiguez (University of California Merced, USA)
- Ed Galea (University of Greenwich, UK)
- Ruggiero Lovreglio (Massey University, New Zealand)
- Bart Merci (Ghent University, Belgium)
- Shuna Ni (University of Maryland, USA)
- Mélanie Rochoux (CERFACS, France)
- Enrico Ronchi (Lund University, Sweden)
- Maria Thomsen (Universidad Adolfo Ibañez, Chile)
- Arnaud Trouvé (Chair) (University of Maryland, USA)
- Wojciech Wegrzynski (Instytut Techniki Budowlanej, Poland)
Contact the Chair, Arnaud Trouvé, ([email protected]) for additional information.
Interested in Becoming a Committee Member?
Click the button below to complete the form and a member of the committee will be in touch with you soon.