Lund University, LTH,
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
LTH forms the Faculty of Engineering at Lund University, with approximately 9 000 students. The research carried out at LTH is of a high international standard and we are continuously developing our teaching methods and adapting our courses to current needs.
The subject contains overall aspects of Fire Safety Engineering with respect to general performance based design addressing safety of life, property protection, continuity of operation and the protection of the environment but with a clear focus on environmental and chemical aspect of fires. The research includes environmental impact of fires e.g. pollution of ground water by extinguishing water, analysis of fire retardants and spread of fire gases in the environment. The research also includes the analysis of the production of gases with different measuring techniques e.g. FTIR. Finally, the research shall also focus on the detailed chemistry of fires connected to pyrolysis of materials.
The work duties include:
- Research within the subject area
- Teaching in the first, second and third cycles of studies
- Supervision of degree projects and doctoral students
- Actively seeking external research funding
- Collaboration with industry and wider society
- Administration related to the work duties listed above
- Management duties within the division.
Appointment as a professor requires that the applicant has:
- Demonstrated research expertise in the subject.
- Demonstrated teaching expertise.
- Completed at least five weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning, or acquired equivalent knowledge by other means, unless there are valid reasons.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English.
- Leadership experience
- Experience in international collaboration
- Proven ability to attract external funding in the subject area of environmental and chemistry research.
When assessing the applicants, special importance will be given to research and teaching expertise within the subject, with greater importance to research.
For appointments to professor, the following shall form the assessment criteria:
- A very good national and international standing as a researcher.
- The requirement for international experience shall be assessed with consideration to the character and traditions of the subject.
- A very high level of teaching skill, including a very good ability to conduct, develop and lead teaching and other educational activities on different levels and using a variety of teaching methods.
- A good ability to supervise doctoral students to achieve a PhD.
- A good ability to collaborate with wider society and communicate his or her activities.
- A good general ability to lead and develop activities.
- Knowledge of the Swedish language
Consideration will also be given to good collaborative skills, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research, first and second cycle education and innovation within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Instructions on how to apply
Applications shall be written in English. Please draw up the application in accordance with LTH’s Academic qualifications portfolio – see link below. Upload the application as PDF-files in the recruitment system. Read more here
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
Read more and apply here.