Both current or new members can easily register online using the links below. Lifetime membership is charged at 12 x the current rate.
Current members: please sign-in before registering to maintain your account!
One Year Membership (2021) – £25
Three Year Membership (2021 – 2023) – £75
Lifetime Membership (£300)
After logging in or submitting registration information, you will be redirected to PayPal, where you can pay with your PayPal account or directly pay by credit card without logging into PayPal.
MEMBERSHIP: General Information
- Membership of the IAFSS is as an individual. (There is no corporate or company membership).
- Membership runs per calendar year – January to December.
- Membership fees are paid annually in advance. Renewal reminder are sent out at the beginning of December each year and if dues are not paid by the end of March then a member is deemed to have lapsed their membership for that year. Lapsed members can renew within the year.
- Membership is open to all.
- There is life membership which is 12 x times standard fee.
- Three year membership 2021 – 2023 is £75 (3 x £25)
- The present cost of one year membership is £25
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Symposia attendance at special member rates
- Free Digital Access to Elsevier’s Fire Safety Journal
- Fire Safety Science News (Official Newsletter of the IAFSS)
- A vote in association affairs
- Discounted Symposium Proceedings
Free Student Membership
We are inviting registered IAFSS academic members to nominate their students for free IAFSS student membership. Academic members should send the following student information to the IAFSS secretariat ([email protected]) by the end of February:
Name, Address, Email, End of study date
Please try to send all the names together not one by one. In order to inform the students as soon as possible, please let the secretariat know that you want to be the contact person for students at your faculty.
If there are no academic members who can take the responsibility the student will have to pay the student membership of £5.
Discounted Student Membership (if not nominated by an IAFSS academic member)
To apply for a discounted student membership you must be enrolled in a technical college or a University and studying for a technical degree, BSc, Masters or PhD, in a field that is related to fire science and engineering. Membership will be valid until their studies have been completed. Acceptance of applications is at the discretion of the IAFSS and must be renewed every year.
Student Membership (£5)
Please note that IAFSS Students do not have a vote in the association affairs
Please contact [email protected] for any questions related to how to membership registration with the organization.