We are seeking 2 well-qualified applicants for fully-funded Post-doctoral Fellowships/Associate Professor (by contract) to work on fire safety research in Prof Yu Wang’s group at State Key Laboratory of Fire Science in University of Science and Technology of China (USTC). Candidates with research experience in WUI/wildland fire, building fire dynamics, or structural fire are all welcome. We would be open to discussing the research direction based on the successful candidate’s research background, interests, and project goals.
- Take a leadership role in a relevant project.
- Publish high-quality research papers.
- Help supervise the PhD student in the project.
- Proposal writing to seek externally funded research grants.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A Ph.D. in Fire Safety Engineering, Combustion Science, Civil Engineering or any related field.
- Excellent fire experiment skills.
- Experience in CFD modelling, thermal-mechanical coupling or computational analysis skills are highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Established track record in scientific publications.
The appointment will be for at least two years, subject to performance and funding availability. Post-doctoral fellows would be encouraged to apply for research funding from USTC, the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) etc. Post-doctoral fellows with outstanding academic achievements will be considered favourably for promotion to an Associate Professor position (tenure track) at USTC. Candidates with more than 2 years of post-doctoral experience may directly apply for the position of contract Associate Professor.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae by email, to Prof Yu Wang ([email protected]). Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.